Earth Explorers Summer Program
Sant Bani's nature-based Earth Explorers Summer Programs are a wonderful experience for younger children (ages 3-6), encouraging their imagination and love for the outdoors. During each theme week, campers will also enjoy plenty of free play, games, art, cooking, gardening, yoga, dancing and more, with Little Swans Preschool director Kasia Beznoska and lead teacher Brett Schneider, both experienced and caring early childhood educators.
Cost: $200 per child per week before May 1; $225 per child per week after May 1 (sibling discount of 10% per child)
Register HERE; deposit of $25 per child per week is required.
Camp Dates (Mondays to Thursdays, 8:30am - 3pm)
- June 22-25: A Week in the Woods How many branches will we need in order to build a fort? Let’s find out! Calling all building experts and nature explorers... Let’s have some fun in the woods!
- June 29-July 2: Wonderful Water Where does water come from? Have you ever dug so deep that you discover water underground? During this week of camp we will explore where water comes from, as well as what sinks, floats and lives in water. We will also enjoy lots of water-play, and talk about how important clean water is and why we are so lucky to live where we live!
- July 13-16: Camouflage Critters Have you ever wondered why some critters are so good at hiding? During this week of camp we will explore what certain bugs looks like, and why they hide. Who knows... maybe we will be inspired to create our own camouflage and bring it into nature to play hide-n-seek!
- July 27-30: Can You Dig It? Which animal is the best at digging? Let’s explore what makes certain animals digging experts and put our own digging powers to the test!
- August 10-13: Flowers & Fairies Let’s have a tea party in our garden! During this week of camp, we will get creative making flower arrangement with what we find on the land and in the gardens around campus. We will also build some fairy houses in the woods and enjoy lots of creative play outdoors.
Each week of camp will include: Free Play, Nature Walks, Playing on the Natural Playscape, Music & Dancing, Yoga Games, Reading, Relaxation Time, Building Challenges, Tending to the Preschool Garden, Recycled Art Activities, Water Play, Slip-n-Slide, Making Popsicles, Making Sun-Tea, Cooking Projects, and More!
What your child will need to bring:
- Bathing suit & towel
- Extra clothes (shorts, t-shirts, socks)
- Sandals & sneakers (for walking in the woods)
- Water bottle
- Sun hat & sunscreen
- Vegetarian lunch & AM snack; afternoon snacks will be provided (fruit, veggies and dip, popcorn, popsicles, etc)