Wednesday, September 2
Full Time; FLSA: Non-exempt
Work Hours: Full Time as agreed upon by the Director of Facilities with occasional weekend, early morning and evening hours as needed. Work hours in excess of 40 hours per week are considered overtime.
Reports to: Director of Facilities
Description: The Facilities & Maintenance Worker performs daily cleaning, inspections, maintenance, and repairs to ensure that all students, staff, and the community are provided a safe, attractive, clean, and healthy environment for learning and work.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Upholds the highest standards of cleanliness, safety, and conduct
- Performs general maintenance and repair tasks on buildings, grounds equipment, and school vehicles in accordance with all applicable codes and regulations
- Performs general landscaping and grounds work
- Performs only that maintenance, grounds and repair work that do not require a license; or performs maintenance, repair, and grounds work under the direct supervision of a licensed technician
- Recommends repairs or procedures that are beyond the scope of responsibilities, skill, or experience; outlines the work needed and specifications required of an outside contractor
- Ensures all school buildings are able to safely open and function during school hours
- Removes snow and ice by shoveling, plowing, and/or sanding walks, driveways, parking areas, and steps
- Ensures that all applicable fire, safety, health, and environmental regulations and laws are observed and exceeded
- Immediately reports any damage or vandalism to facilities, or theft of equipment.
- Properly maintains all work tools and equipment
- Performs regular inspections of equipment and systems, reporting any abnormalities and hazards immediately
- Maintains an adequate supply of parts and supplies usually used in repairs, and requests needed supplies through the established PO process
- Makes recommendations for improvement in the effectiveness and efficiency of facilities
- Notifies and assists in the ICS System when an emergency and/or potentially dangerous or unusual situation occurs
- Attends required meetings and serves, as appropriate, on committees
- Protects confidentiality of records and information gained as part of exercising professional duties
- Displays ethical and professional behavior in working with students, parents, school personnel, and outside agencies associated with the school
- All other duties as assigned
- Experience in operating a variety of equipment including a one ton truck with snow plow and sander, tractor, lawn mower, weed trimmer, snowblower, snow plow, sander, chainsaw, and small hand tools.
- Motivated, energetic, detail oriented, reliable and enjoys working outdoors.
- Ability to multitask and work well with minimal supervision.
- Ability to climb stairs, bend, kneel, and reach as needed to complete tasks.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds occasionally.
- Ability to pass a background check (including finger printing).
- Valid NH driver’s license
For immediate consideration, please email a cover letter and resume to Charlie Britton, Head of School, at charlie at santbani dot org