Thursday, March 14
Health Services Coordinator (Nurse)
The Health Services Coordinator (Nurse) is part of a team that is responsible for promoting a culture of health, wellness and safety in the school community. S/he performs duties necessary to meet the individual health needs of students, complies with the laws relating to student health, maintains student health records, provides appropriate care for ill or injured students, identifies health problems for referral for proper treatment, and provides health information and serves as a resource to teachers, staff and administration.
Reports to: Head of School
Provides direct health care to students and staff
- Provides care to students and staff who need emergency care due to injury or who present with an acute illness
- Provides medical services coverage for all home athletic events
- Trains and delegates to licensed and unlicensed school personnel medication administration and/or the delivery of health services as ordered by a licensed health care provider.
- Assists faculty and staff in monitoring chronic medical conditions
- Works with Director of Curriculum & Program to address holistic student health issues
- Coordinates care and student emergency action plans related to diabetes, seizures, asthma, allergies and use of emergency medications (e.g., Epi-Pen, Glucagon, Diastat)
- Obtains parental consent for health services
Provides leadership for the provision of health services
- Assures that school policies and procedures adhere to legal and regulatory statutes and ethical standards of health services
- Maintains appropriate paperwork that complies with federal, state and local laws, regulations and policies.
- Assists with the development of school emergency response plan for emergencies and disasters and the training of staff to respond appropriately within applicable state laws
- Serves as a liaison between school personnel, family, community and health care providers.
- Serves as a representative of the school community and communicates with community health providers and agencies to promote the health of the School
Provides screening and referral for health conditions
- Addresses potential health problems that are barriers to learning or symptoms of underlying medical conditions by coordinating and assisting with mandated screenings (i.e., vision, hearing)
- Initiates referrals according to state and school policies
Promotes a healthy school environment
- Reviews immunization records for compliance to state laws and school policies
- Monitors immunizations and reports communicable diseases as required by law
- Is a member of the school Safety Committee
- Is a member of the Student Intervention Team
- Assists the School Counselor in evaluation of school emotional environment to decrease potential bullying and violence
Provides Health Education
- Collaborates with the School Counselor to provide health education information directly to individual students or groups of students
- Promotes health awareness activities/information/programming for staff and families
- NH Nursing license
- Minimum 1 year of clinical experience
- Ability to work well with children and adolescents
- Strong clinical assessment skills
- Ability to make independent decisions
For immediate consideration, please email cover letter, resume, copy of nursing license, and three current letters of recommendation to: Hans Mundahl, Head of School, at hans at santbani dot org. Please indicate Health Services Coordinator in the subject line of your email. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.