Thursday, June 18
Third Grade Teacher (FT)
Full Time. FLSA: Exempt
Description: Teachers at Sant Bani School believe in the development of the whole child. They provide a developmentally designed, nurturing atmosphere of educational inquiry, built on the belief that we have something to learn from everyone. Full-time faculty members assume responsibilities in teaching, lunch and recess duties, STEAMS blocks, clubs, after school enrichment programs, committee work and professional development as assigned.
The Third Grade Teacher is responsible for teaching math, language arts, science and social studies using an integrated curriculum approach, and will collaborate with other teachers on projects, performances and community events throughout the year. Other responsibilities include leading multi-age activities (art blocks and clubs) during school hours, lunch and recess duties, and committee participation. Preference will be given to candidates with experience in inquiry-based learning, a strong foundation in teaching literacy, and a passion for nature-based learning opportunities.
Reports to: Director of Educational Program
Requirements: Preferred qualifications include a Masters Degree, 5+ years of experience, and expertise in math.
- Providing high quality, engaging lessons for students that reflect best practices
- Ensuring availability to students throughout the academic day for consultation or extra help
- Promptly assessing, evaluating and providing feedback on student work
- Creating course overviews for each teaching assignment
- Preparing and submitting grades, narratives and course descriptions each trimester
- Serving as a model for students by supports and complying with school policies and rules, and participating in the spirit of the school community
- Communicating with parents on a regular basis
- Attending faculty meetings and other meetings, as requested
- Participating in all-school service days
- Serving on committees
- Preparingand implementing enrichment blocks
- Planning and implementing club programs
- Participating in professional development opportunities
- Using designated technology to communicate and highlight student work
- Attending all grade level performances, showcases, activities, and parent teacher conferences
- Participating in STEAMS blocks, as assigned
- Complying with all policies and procedures delineated in the Employee and Parent-Student Handbooks
- All other duties as assigned
For immediate consideration, email cover letter, resume, and three current letters of recommendation to: Nan Wodarz, Interim Head of School, at nan at santbani dot org. Please indicate Third Grade Teacher in the subject line of your email.