Monday, July 13
School Counselor (PK-8)
Full time. FLSA: Exempt
Description: Sant Bani School is looking for a talented and compassionate School Counselor to provide academic, emotional and social support for our PK - 8 students. The School Counselor is responsible for providing a comprehensive school counseling program that is proactive in design, developmental in implementation, and supports SBS students in the areas of academic achievement, personal and social development.
Reports to: Head of School or designee
Required qualifications: One or more of the following: Master’s Degree in Guidance and Counseling; LMHC: Master’s of Social Work; School Counselor Certification; Ed.D or Ph.D in Psychology. Experience working with children and adolescents preferred.
Key Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Designs, implements and assesses a comprehensive PK-8 guidance curriculum.
- Uses responsive counseling, initiating individual and group sessions for students’ academic, social and personal concerns.
- Consults with families and staff to appraise student needs and interests and to discuss appropriate recommendations for educational options. Implements and follows up on the initiatives.
- Plans, coordinates and provides classroom guidance sessions to meet the identified guidance and counseling competencies in the areas of academic achievement, personal and social development to assist students in developing interpersonal and decision-making skills.
- Assesses student needs and makes referrals to appropriate resource personnel, social agencies, community agencies and alternative programs.
- Prepares students for the transition to the next level of schooling.
- Participates in school management teams in order to advocate for students needs and provide guidance for school staff. Guides, coordinates and supports other school staff in implementing advisory programs, including identifying relevant discussion topics and activities.
- Uses responsive counseling strategies to establish relationships and collaborate with educators, students, families, and community partners that reflect recognition of and respect for each individual. Promotes an understanding and appreciation of diverse populations and cultures.
For immediate consideration, please email cover letter, resume, and three current letters of recommendation to Charlie Britton, Interim Head of School: charlie at santbani dot org. Please indicate School Counselor in the subject line of your email. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.